In a world which constantly tries to bring us down, media that reports only strife and conflict, it’s easy to lose sight of things that matter.
This is my attempt at remembering to count my blessings!
- Kids chanting “li-ber-tad” at the start of their summer vacations! Knocking on heaven’s door… And the acapella numbers. Dressed up while dressing down.
- The feast of Pentecost and Marcel’s inspired percussion skills. Smiles from the little kids in church. Gifts. And the gift of Friends. Snapshots of the future. Snapshots of the past. Snapshots of the present.Talking about shooting right after a women’s prison came up in conversation. Those expressions… hee hee. Chicken tikka masala. Just the right amount of flavour. Monty Python and the Holy Grail.Velvet. A pleasant day. What dreams are made on. Parties, Guest list, Dress code.Catching up with all those who wished me well. Some genuine, beautiful messages there. My niece and nephew singing and blowing kisses. Andu’s explanation of why we did what we did. We didn’t do much. We left groups that didn’t make us happy. And she used Eastern Bloc Voting…
3 Guru picks in 24hrs. Riposte… and in Spanish! That’s what my colleagues get for messing with me! Using a Velvet 85. Delivers what it promised.Orange and green. Love wearing it! Vengaboys and Spice Girls coming up on the playlist. Defining my style! I finally found a look worthy of my name.Hearing the banjo kicking in. This little light of mine. The song that made my heart soar. The song that made my heart break. I miss you, momma! Hearing an octave mandolin. That sweet, sweet sound. Smiling. Like an eejit.Geeking out on photography. Biryani. Food of the Gods. Curlers that gave volume instead of curl… I’ll take that any day. A $5 solution to cricket viewing issues. Love being a techie!Little kids in fancy dress. Their energy was contagious. The cashier who looked at my purchases and said “New shoes”? He also told me to get better soon. A gift that helps me cut my carbon footprint. And badges from the RSC … The energy, enthusiasm…Mojo. Walking tall. Coffee and croissants. I think it was the laughter that made it special though. Funky tattoos on a biker. Intricate instead of the mean, angry, rude ones we are used to.Long shadows of a lone stranger in the morning sun. Mist veiling the mountain tops. Sun shimmering through stalks of wild grass. Got my photographer’s eyes on again. Everything is a frame. Everything is beautiful!Rosebuds in the morning sun. Old music. Hit an album called Nostalgia… put a smile on my face. New music. My photos always remind someone of songs. Today’s was new and refreshing.More Indian food on the menu this week. The flavours still surprise me. Even the guys noticed my new hairstyle. Didn’t know I went in for such a drastic change. Playing a tune on my harp. It’s been a long, long…First long drive in Maeve. First parking fine on a Sunday. Compliments from people I don’t even know. Is it really such a change? A happy, hungry dog.A photo of mum and me. I still remember how she held me and later told me not to go. I should have listened. Finally deciding on a Lensbaby lens. Can’t believe I’m going to own one soon. Coriander chicken. Yummm yumm…A baby with a moustache pacifier. Art. That’s what my hairdresser creates. Aloo Gobi. Food of the Gods. Loved that it was on the menu the day I had a conversation with a colleague about how good Indian, vegetarian food is.Solver of problems. Loved the fact that my networking skills still intact. Playing the model. Especially since it’s what I’ve always thought of as step one to cleaning up my wardrobe. Geeking out with a new camera. Technology has progressed so much in the last few years!…Lunch with a retired ex-colleague. His joy is so genuine. Shared some interesting conversations with him. A little girl crossing the road who gave me the most radiant smile I’ve seen in ages. That vrooom… yeah… just that!Finding my style. Photographically speaking. So glad I experiment. Prodigal Puss. Oedipus came home. So delighted that she’s unharmed. Introducing Maeve to my friends. “A firm shove from a copper/bouncer.” I’ll live with that.Embroidered stockings. Some of the coolest I’ve laid my eyes on. Love when people dress well. Stepping up. Work wise. Idea wise. Open-top Maeve. Oh what a joy!Coffee servers. Daunting task. Next time I’ll do the pastries instead. “She wears pretty dresses.” — Julie describing me to her mum in response to her mum’s delight at my polka dotted coat! Eejit smiles. Awww… heaven! Shooting my neighbours’ garden. Giving Hermione away for a paint…Siesta. Finding Focus. Getting the blog going. Getting images prepped. Working towards it. Redoing so much stuff and making it look beautiful.Picked up a pen and paper and the ideas kept flowing. Loved it. Sharing my ideas with a kindred soul. Synergise. Energise. Enthuse.A little girl dressed in a chulapa waiting to cross the road. Her beautiful little smile when she noticed me watching her was the best way to start the day. Only 2 others showed up. But quality over quantity I’ll say. So glad…A spontaneous shoot with a colleague. The flowers outside the office did inspire. Checking things off my list. Hate all the paperwork related to visas and permits, but stuff needs to be done. Where do you weigh a pie? Somewhere over the rainbow.The power of conversations. Discussions without masks. Action. No more procrastination. A gift and a cheeky joke. Bugs, but I thought it was a replica of my other model. Driving Maeve! A velocity red, limited edition Mazda. Can’t wait for our adventures to start.Painterly Flower Photos. Love that I already know most of the techniques. Can’t believe I never tried to use it together. Advice that was taken & delighted in. Lumix G7… yeah baby! Driving Hermione home and seeing Maeve basking in the sun!A colleague who wore a gorgeous floral dress and enjoyed being complimented. She mentioned loving the dress I wore a couple of days ago. Love when my light makes another shine. Falling in love… again. Flower an macro photography. Love it. Taking images that I’ve yearned to…Discovering Kathleen Clemons and her lovely art. Where do you weigh clouds… laughed so hard at this one. Clouds tinged with pink. I had to stop and take a photo.Clouds. In all their forms. Fine art portraits. And just like that, I’m blown away. An anthem sung, a goal scored, a fight started. No place for fascists.Rainbow boots. Didn’t realise how much they shown. All they needed was a bit of sun. Kenyan gift. A gorgeous wrap in the softest of materials. Chef for the day. Chicken Tikka you say, eh? Cuddly Cat.Upskilling to help out a friend and loving every moment of it! Dockers on the résumé now! Fast car listening to Tracy Chapman! Good food! Hungarian chicken gravy with pasta.Photo Paddy One. Love an eager student. In search of the perfect tikka masala. Tonal contrast. Finally understanding how it’s achieved.Happy Harpy. Forget the technique, play the music. Such sage advice. Wore a purple salwaar that still fits. Always such a wonderful feeling. The tension in the room was so thick, it could be cut with a blunt knife. Then he went on and changed the mood of…An impromptu photoshoot. Unicorns in a field. Gorgeous as I imagined they would be. Winner. Snap, Rummy, Car races. A photo that depicted happiness. And brought happiness.Found a hidden gem in my wardrobe. Was so glad to flaunt it. Training with Sue and Lara. Experimental Portraits. The ideas keep flowing. Full house. Great music. Much laughter.A walk around town. Discovering new locations to shoot in. Now for a model. The plumage of a rooster. What a gorgeous bird. Stories of a princess… and her magic. A photograph that told a million stories. Glad she liked it!…Tears of happiness. Birthdays should be celebrated. A cat carrying it’s kittens to a safe place. Loved watching her ferry them while the little kittens stayed stock still. One of them had a black pirate patch on a little white face. As gorgeous as they come. Car-soul-sister!…Being told it was good to see me smiling again. Count on L’s angels. A chance to express my gratitude for the wonderful services during the Holy Week. A basket of Easter goodies. A chocolate bunny. Chocolate eggs. A…OLM came alive with music, joy and with the most gorgeous bonnets ever worn to mass. New life. Hope. So glad to be catholic. Hanging with my friends. Smiling…. eyes included. An impromptu photoshoot in a field of poppies…….Father talked about families bereft of their loved ones. That didn’t make me smile…. in fact the tears didn’t stop, but at that moment I felt the love of my tribe – OLM. People from so many different countries and backgrounds… but MY People. MY Tribe!After hours of agonising over it, I chose a copper sulphate blue chudidaar. Perfect choice. Flowers for mum. She always gave the flowers she received to church. This time she received them via church. Maundy Thursday is a day for…A gift, not given to me, but meant for me. Hee hee… A house in Madrid, away from the noise, with a garden and a pool. No, dreams are not impossible to achieve.An early morning surprise. Great company makes for shorter journeys. Top down, music on, getting tooted at while driving. I’ll take that as a compliment to Hermione. Listening to music I’d like to play on the harp. Coming home, trying it and feeling it possible.A message from mum’s friend after she read about Mum. The last line said that she pictured mum smiling. I felt it too. The dress, the coat, the shoes. All of them had flowers. Flowers to match the world around me. A sign that…Mass at OLM. A family of 4 with the Dad and 2 little boys dressed in waistcoats. Another little kid with braces. Love, so much love. That’s what being with my tribe does. Be in my bonnet? A spontaneous plan to wear hats for Easter.The details falling into place. A few hiccoughs and nothing more. A surprise that was a surprise we planned. Midnight Bodhrán classes. After alcohol and dancing and off-key singing…. not all that bad!Spring morning. Simpsons clouds in the sky. Fresh mountain air. Birds song accentuated by a stork spreading it’s wings in the soft morning light! Breakfast after a quiet morning ride into town. Feeling that I’m finally getting a hang of my instruments.Cold case, finally solved. Champagne called for. DB superhero. Human errors need a superhero’s solution. A little chat. That’s all it takes to make the day worthwhile.My gorgeous new Yellow coat. Shades required. Compliments from a reserved person. Body, mind, soul! Nourished.No one left behind. We’ve always had a matriarch. But in her absence no one gets left behind. Plans. So much to do. So little time. Past. Present. Future. Everything is now.Morning @ OLM. So much love. It’s so refreshing to go back to church and be in the presence of God and friends. A surprise lunch with Alex and Dani. Wei. It’s the company that makes everything worthwhile. Welcome back, L’s angel!Learning about MySettings on my Olympus. My camera just became my best friend… again! Retreat , insight, and so much love. Gorgeous Gifts from China. Instruments, tea and of course … a dragon! Formally introduced to a photographer and person I’ve admired…Snow and sun. The very earth was humming. Got my hair done. Love feeling this good. They really are a girl’s best friends… when diamonds aren’t around! A warm, cozy bed. Blessed.A huge slice of chocolate cake for postre. Being told I was dressed like David Bowie and once the hat was on, a reference to Peaky Blinders made the rounds. Talking stick. No rude interruptions. No dramatic pauses.Long morning shadows. So many opportunities for photos. Signs of life everywhere. Love walking around, talking to the trees in my garden. Music. It makes sense again.An ex-colleague got in touch and his evolution and the similarities between our lives and thinking made me realise…. Tribesman! Solving every issue even though some weren’t ours to solve. Happy kitty. Wish she’d stop showing her gratitude with her claws and teeth.Dressed formally and was shocked to see that I wore the same set of clothes exactly 9 years ago. When my sis visited India for the Holy Week. Spring has painted the town all shades of amazing. Fields carpeted in yellow blossoms… bird…Until we meet again. When it gets cloudy, the sky works a huge softbox. Loved taking my camera out to shoot in my garden. Top notch guac. So proud of me.Sleeping in. Fashion show. A private one too. I’m gettting better at dressing others. Conversing about so many beautiful things. And not so beautiful things.The shadow of my car as I drove out in the morning. It looked like a little toy. Finding an Irish pub in the mountain town. It’s been there forever and only came to my notice because I read who sponsored the local gastronomical…Reaching work early enough to get a chance to shoot some gorgeous trees. A little boy worried about my car having no roof. Blossoming Olmos. Didn’t know they were so beautiful.A hug. A perfectly tuned harp. “I love you, ma.” I know how difficult it is for my dad to talk about his feelings. So glad he’s willing to stammer out that line. Mum always said beta, he says ma.A promise I made. And one I’ll keep. Breakfast and lunch. I was so surprised to get to share it. Instead of plugging in, they decided to go acoustic. Some great music. Some wonderful conversations.Found photos that mum kept on her iPad. She had at least one of each family member and friend. Sharing them helped me get back to my tribe. Nixon’s genuine grief. My faith in humanity was restored. So glad that mum hasn’t been forgotten. So glad that she…Musically inspired shoot! Some of my best macros were inspired by guitar strings. Being understood, accepted and permitted to be. Earth angel. One of my favourite songs that still rings as true as ever.Playing stylist and doing it well. Being cool. A car like Hermione doesn’t deserve any less. Being. Just being.Back to routing… Networking after years of server management! So glad I still have it right. Irish music. The energy. The jigs. The reels. Loved it. Double compliments. Clearly my dressing made an impression 🙂A full moon hanging low as I drove in with the top down and music filling the air! There is hope!Calling Dad to wish him again after my sister hijacked my first call. The gift of giving. Plastic Jesus. A version that made me want to dance.Amnesia… St Pat’s day after effects. Laughed so hard when I had to recount the entire evening. A perfect script. Work can be fun. Harp lessons. So much to unlearn. So much I’ve learnt well.Meal. Mead. Music. An invitation for St Pat’s day that turned out to be absolutely fun! A chance to be there to help and support a friend. A promise. Enough said.Shooting in the garden after a long time. Learnt something new about my camera. Tried some new shots too. Art is therapy. Picked out flowers for mum. Climbed the garden wall to get a branch of white blossoms. She would have loved the garden…Found a little shop that sold the most quaint knick knacks. The flowers were gorgeous. Got a spring bunch. Got roses and carnations for mum. Driving with the top down. The sun on my face. The mountains in ahead of me.Du calling me a gem for doing what my mum would have encouraged me to do. Getting tested. Hating it. Glad I don’t have to go back in a hurry. Being asked to take a back seat. Taking it. Be…Light in the hair of a redhead. Sunset painted the sky so many lovely shades. Apricot blooms… white against the golden sunset.Lunch was the question. Yes, the answer. The yellow-orange in my hair made her think of a ‘Gallo’… but I’m sure she meant it as a compliment. Making plans. Concerts. Trips. The future.Finding my mojo after months. Camera in hand, tree as a background. Convertible weather. Top down. New shades to debut. So glad mum picked them for me. Great company. Not something found easily.Convertible weather… so top down, off we go! A visit to a church that wasn’t built for the glory of God. A wrong turn took us to a part that I’ve never seen. The views – glorious. The symmetry – divine. The size…Another strong woman passed over. Her kids are such wonderful human beings. She did well. Being there for a friend like he was there for me. I hope I made a difference. Black velvet. Some promises should be broken especially…Black truffle flavoured potato chips. Slowing down & taking care of myself. A series that managed to get my attention. Especially the start.The song J sang for the Ash Wednesday mass. Moving. A smile from the priest on seeing me at church. Not going to service alone. Such pleasure.Several different, difficult changes. So glad it worked perfectly. Stopping at a different pet shop in town and being amazed by it’s size and variety. I might get me a birdhouse. The aroma of Anglo-Indian Roast. hmmm….Returned to Church after several weeks. Felt good to get rid of the anger and see the compassion of God instead. A gauntlet was thrown over migas. Challenge accepted. Spring has sprung. Loved parking little Dhano right under a…Finding out their favourites without them uttering a word. A group video call with the sweetest cousins one could hope to have. Taking in the sunshine and a pint. Gossamer goddess…. I like the name.A pep talk from my hairdresser on how to get on with my life. Her joy at seeing my hair coloured and her promise to wear the same colour. Hair of Gold! I’ll remember that. Kids singing picnic songs…Taught again. After a long, long time. Felt good. Surprised a cousin by calling her. Felt good to talk with someone genuinely interested in me. An apology from my sis on how they used to treat me when I…Genuine happiness shown at my progress. My doctor, a friend and my cousins. Chocolate cake… A huge portion of it eaten in a way that expressed such innocence. Elevator speeches 🙂Cousins who called just like that to make sure I’m ok. Many chances to whoo hoo. Joie de vivre it was referred to. Instead of a regular concert, they switched to acoustic and sang the night away. The bar filled up, but I’ll always remember that the concert…Flowers peeking through the gaps between stones. New words – Petrichor, bellicose. Interesting. Kindness… a colleague who asked how I am doing and gave me a motherly kiss on my cheek.A scarf my neighbour gifted me on her birthday. The painting that filled the house. Big eyed, little girl.Lying in and taking advantage of a lazy Saturday morning. After a hectic week, it’s just what the doc prescribed. The gardeners were here to work, but decided to give us a treat by brining along some amazing homemade kebabs! Morocco For The…Breakfast for lunch. Satisfying, including the Ski jumping on tele… fabulous until the stag party arrived. Layers, buzz cut, parting. Glad I know how those translate to a hairstyle. Bohemian Rhapsody. Now that was worth it!Listening to music and humming along. It’s been such a long time since I’ve enjoyed it. Don’t water dead plants they say… but I did, and now my orchid is blooming again. Love it! Parked like a champ. Especially considering…Knocking it out of the park at work. Love doing so well. Sharing mucky, groundling jokes. Raising a glass with one who is off the wagon.Lovely weather in the mountains. Cherry jokes. A clean bill of health. A large full moon peeking over the hills.Met a girl at work. Shared much with her. So good to have someone at work to talk with. Concern by a schoolmate on the measures I have adopted to heal myself. A surprise visit to cheer a friend…A message from my parish priest. Love, support and kindness. So blessed. Went out for a drink with a friend. Ended up being a drink with a fantastic conversation and a game of rummy. The possibilities are endless. If…Cousins who care. They reached out with messages and calls and made sure that their love is felt. Love you guys! 10th wasn’t all I hoped it would be, but today I received chance to share stories of my mum. Yes, I grabbed…Checked out a new museum. So much to explore in this city. Gave a gift. Received delight that will light up my world for a long, long time. Lilac. My colour.Finishing tasks at breakneck speed. It was full speed ahead day. Smiling for the first time in a long while and not spending the whole day feeling despondent. There is hope. A book of poems. Life means so much…Got me a diagnosis and pills. I guess there is only one direction to head in now. Driving through town with the top down. Love sunny days. Acknowledged each of the families that participated in the Cook Out. So glad…A lovely, sunny, winter afternoon. There was only one option. Convertible. Top down. Go! Watching a guitarist restring his guitar while his cat tangled himself in the old strings. The strong hum of new strings and the pleasure filled smile on hearing it. Telling my bff to…Sharing tales and photos of our tributes. It made me laugh. It made me cry.Mum loved to dress up. So did we. To honour her, everyone turned up dressed to a T. Mum loved to feed the locality. To experiment with new dishes and make everyone ooh and ahh at her culinary skills. I haven’t inherited her skills, but I tried. Seekh…Figuring out my mum’s favourites. Finding the right ones too. At least my dad’s pleased voice told me so. Preparing to celebrate mum. So many little things came back to me. Her love for the quirky. Her experiments with food. Her joy at…Reading suggestions. Given and taken. From Accursed Kings to Ursula Le Guin…A pair of dogs that were taking a walk. Tiny, fluffy and identical.Dinner with my tribe! Oh the joy!The kindness of an aunt. Her offer to look after us and request to visit her. She’s lost everything and she’s still so resilient and kind. The most genuine sorrow anyone has shown for my mum. Tears of the very same aunt. More honesty than anyone has…Sunrise, a little diamond peeking through the 4 torres. The setting sun painted the sky the way a romantic era artist would wield his/her brush! Finding some old photos of mum. She was such a joyous creature.Sunrise, a little diamond peeking through the 4 torres. The setting sun painted the sky the way a romantic era artist would wield his/her brush! Finding some old photos of mum. She was such a joyous creature.Facebook reminded me that 5 years ago I made mum a promise. I saw the glorious cathedral of Segovia and told her I’d take her there. For a moment I thought, one more thing we didn’t get to do, but my dismay was short lived.It was one…Releasing toxic people. People who use death as a joke only to fish for compliments. I know some of the punch lines, but I never did watch a whole film. Monty Python and the meaning of life … for the first time….Headed up to the mountains to get some images of the rally car. Clearly, half the city had the same idea. Spent hours on a drive that should have taken 30 minutes. Watch rugby for the first time. Appalled. Not the result I…Walking for a few minutes in a light hail shower with people looking at my like I’m crazy. Curling up in front on the fire for a siesta while the wind howled outside. Listening to covers of some old…A poem to lift the soul! WordPress solutions for knobs. (I quote) Group video calls with my cousins. So glad they are healing. So glad they are doing well. THE CLOCK CHIMES THREEAn old lady who dressed for the times and put many a young girl to shame. Olé! A mouth watering pork recipe created from a fusion of cuisines around the world. Wee bit tweaking needed, but I think we have a winner!Sunrise and a sky pained every hue between yellow and red. A little girl wearing a cartoon beanie. All she wanted to do was play. Found a song I’d love to sing. All I need to do is learn…Tried something new at work. So much to learn. It’s a whole new world. A conversation with my cousin. So much life, so much joy. Love her to bits. Read about making oneself redundant before one gets complacent. Find…One cousin who got my mum’s name on the cake for his kid’s FHC. One who cooked several curries for my Dad to make sure he had the variety he was used to. Another cousin who had long stemmed roses placed on mum’s grave.Warm winter day. Perfect to put the top down. An absolute feast. Lunch is served! And dessert … wow! Knowing. The right choice. The right life. The right path.Suggestions on what might be a problem were scoffed at… So glad I turned out to be right once again. The alarming “check engine” light went on. Good it’s something minor. Seeing the posts from so many people. Little…The crazy, blustering wind and the little shelter that helped us stay warm. Dad’s pep talk. Love that he is so concerned. He even said He loves me before I did. I was called kind. I’m not. I was doing…Talking about something, everything, nothing. Boots covered with bright blue sequins. Made me smile immediately. Made me covet them too. Company at lunch and on the way home. Comfort for a saddened heart. Shopping is fun because…My first day of work and I was informed that a raise came my way. Not a bad way to return to work. New monitoring tools that give us more insight into our setup. Simple and beautiful. Routine. Lunch….
- So many thoughtful gifts.
- Cousins celebrating on my behalf. They even got me a cake.
- So proud of my Blackhole … That’s what I call the routing table that dumps traffic of people abusing the network.
- 2018Teaching my sister to play rummy. She picked it up quickly enough but still not fast enough to deny us some hilarity! Convincing them to stay. They went. They came back. Gotta love them. Oh wait… Already do! A discussion that didn’t end in tears. Sorry… The day has to be…The outpouring of love for my mom… From people I don’t know. She was so loved and respected. She touched so many lives and changed them for the better. I feel I didn’t really know my mom. The funeral. Wow. So many people. So much grief. So much respect… And…A perfect winter morn. Gorgeous sunrise colours and flocks of birds that filled the sky. She finally came out of her shell. On her last day. Lol. Despite a perfectly horrid day. There were moments of peace. Moments I’ll treasure….Amazing food and after all the work that went into it…. menos mal! A family photoshoot that changed into an impromptu use of my 50mm. Gorgeous lens that! So many gifts … and all so gorgeous! I’m blessed!The giving of gifts … which at times surpasses the receiving of gifts. My lovely black and pink gown that had me feeling like a billion bucks! Listening to those lovely carols. Christmas filled my heart, mind & soul!…When was the last time you did something for the first time? Eating churros con chocolate at a food truck early on a foggy winter morning. The fog and the photo opportunities. I wanted to shoot a woman in a red long coat…Stepped out of the metro to find a little girl dressed as Mother Mary yawning large and loud. My first reaction was no… this can’t be divinity … but come to think of it. She was just a child chosen to be the mother of God. I’m…Finally found the root cause of our recent woes at work. Lunch with the team. Not a regular occurrence… but hey, it’s Christmas. A violin described as a biscuit box with strings. Coming home to a game of sequence…Yellow lanterns against an indigo tinged cloudy sky. Spoke with the b’day gal after so many days. Love the silly, sweet, deep topics we navigate through. A concert of 2. A melodious alto harmonising perfectly with a rich baritone….The sky was every hue imaginable. Lovely company and great vistas. It’s a hard life! Going live during the jam session and listening to the most gorgeous version of Knocking on Heaven’s door.Been superbusy at work. Realised how much I missed it. Those crazy errors that automagically get resolved. The little girl who always stops to admire Hermoine, did the same today. I watched her stop and look the car over with her dad. A…Gaudete Sunday. Pink everywhere. The crib and the lights and the gifts under the tree. The kids running to help out with piling the gifts in the car! A huge, huge, huge rainbow that crowned the entire valley. Bob was out to please.Got me a beret while whiling away time waiting to get to the mechanic. Pink with a brown bobble. It’s incredible how a simple accessory can bring about so much difference. Walked into the hall and watched every eye turn towards me. Phew…. heady. I could get…Catching up with colleagues. No arguments, just trying to get a solution to a known issue. Invited to the inauguration of a slow cooker right after getting my hair done. Lucky me. Bloody yummy. I saw him when he…Destroyed 2 tyres and learned how easy it is to get assistance if one is insured. Totally love how smoothly things work out in this country. Dinner with D. I’ll take that any day. Observed a certain difference in…Early morning, bus rides, nap time too. Whoo hoo! A little girl who saw my car and wanted it bad bad bad…. at least that’s what she told her dad! Whiskey, Fire in the fireplace and a conversation on everything.Boss out. I’m da man. Again. My red boots. Love wearing them and having people do a double take. Listening to live music. Can’t imagine life without it. Alternatives to G+…. we’ll find it!A hug from Pepa. Her face radiating the relief her surgery provided and the joy she felt at being back. Socks to keep me warm. Surprise shopping trips. Monk vs Rover. Rover won.Mass made me smile today. God is always working in our lives. We just need faith. Was so glad to run into so many familiar faces. Made Matar Pulao. Could definitely do better, but the aroma…. took me back home.Went crazy at the shops. Biscuit boxes … who would have thought. Shot an image that was instantly claimed as a “Christmas card”. I do wish for a chance to do it again with a proper camera. Watching Reign…Played the harp for several hours. It felt like the right thing to do on a day as glorious as this. Loved the shadow of the strings and my hands. Tuned it to Eb Major. Let the serious studies begin!The house got a deep clean today. The work is coming along well and I love that the workers clean up after themselves once they are done with a room. Wish the workers back home did the same. Switching on the Christmas lights. Love,…Golden boots. Didn’t know they will be so loved. Being told that I shouldn’t be so harsh on myself and that I’m the mentor I never thought I’d be. My visa hasn’t yet arrived so I had to change…A crescent moon with Venus right above it. Made me stop and smile and reach for the camera. Trying some images that I’ve had in mind for a long time. So much more to try. So much more to learn.Searching for a gift for a little girl. Glad I was able to get some very useful second opinions. Grabbing a beer and finding others point to our table asking for the same that we were drinking. Strangely enough that happened just after…Being called a sister from another mother. Lol … how I wish he changes the statement to “parents” instead. Britsh Ladies Bazaar … sequins, compliments and reasons to stop going. Shooting a not so cooperative model. Guess pets are as temperamental as their masters 😛 Making my lists. Checking them twice. Loads…First things first. The Advent calendar. A something special this year is a “Musical Advent Calendar” that my friend has decided to share with me. Cleaning before the decoration. Seemed a Herculean task, but hey, someone had to do it. A chance gesture of kindness which resulted in a wonderful afternoon….Bus rides and interesting conversations. Now that’s something I wouldn’t give up on. The urge to clean smothered by my body’s craving for some rest. The decorating will have to wait. Playing sequence and watching the game go three ways. Less of luck and more strategy in this one.Revealing that 42 in ASCII is code for (*). The book has a whole new meaning. Got down to getting images edited. Panos and HDRs for now. The rest of the editing will have to wait. Found a series…A little kid on his way to school who stopped to smile at me. An absolute ray of sunshine. The colours in the sky. Waking up early is worth it’s while. The evening sun painting the sky in the style of a romantic…Witnesses sunrise and sunset and am still as much in awe as I have always been of this gorgeous sky. A little boy pretending to be a superhero on his scooter and finding an audience rewarded me with a sheepish grin. Been to the taller several times. Another one of those…A warning not to take certain streets since a storm had knocked some trees down. Walking through the blustering wind to find a familiar face waiting at the station. The ride to Madrid is always much more interesting this way. Educating folk on the existence and flavour of Venus’s nipples. Promising to…J noticed my tan. And everyone noticed the fact that I looked relaxed and rejuvenated. Felt it too. Their reaction at receiving their gifts. Lunch. Wow. Promises. How they make one’s eyes light up.My mind and body have caught up. Finally. Getting the fireplace ready. Logs loaded up. It’s going to be a cold, cold winter. News that the maid won’t be working her old job any more and news of a new…The yellows in the garden and flowers where they weren’t supposed to grow. A bush covered with flowers and an orchid fighting to stay alive. Caught up on the assignments. Some have reaped all benefits. Each one takes away exactly as much as…Taken by surprise when a Spaniard wished me luck with my visa application. Not something very common. Started and am ending my vacations listening to R and gang at the Taller. My fave performance was the Irish song. This might just become a…Spent the day packing and realising that there is so much I can do without. We surround ourselves by so much. Lose ourselves in it. And only too late do we realise that we’ve hoarded up treasure that we never really wanted or needed. Wanted to see D before I left….Last working day before a 25 day break. One asked for my car if I never made it back. Another asked me to leave early cause I looked too happy. Talking of futures and pasts while living in the present. Mind mapping, joy,…Finished several projects with one day to spare. Glad I’ll be heading out without much pending. Player. He Played. I Played. He got the applause. I got the compliments. Hee hee … Pity E couldn’t come along to add to the surprise.Wore a long heavy coat thinking I might just be over prepared for the day…. watching the others shiver, all I felt was warmth. Warmth and good conversation, that’s all one needs to start the day with a smile. Switched to handmade cosmetics today….Mass today. Beautiful, Spiritual, Uplifting. Celebrating J’s b’day with the usual suspects. I hope I find something very special for her. Time spent with the people I adore… always feel so blessed. RM beaten 5-1. I couldn’t have cheered…After weeks of insomnia, I finally caught me some shut eye. Rested and rejuvenated. So ready for my trip. Friends came over to wish us luck. Lunch included an Indian dish that I had never tried before. Ah the joys!While trying to figure out why Elastic was barfing, we identified a bug that has been and probably will continue to be part of the code. Glad I’m no longer the only one upset about it though. This lady who came into the…Sometimes there is just one word that fits the bill. Glorious… that’s the only world that can describe the sunrise we witnessed. I should trust my Hairdresser much, much more. She wanted yellow. I wanted galaxy. We fused the two. The yellow looks…Finally getting down to finishing some automation projects. Loving it. The double bass that S played. Wow … such a lovely instrument. Can’t wait to hear D and J pull off a number together. They’ll bring the house down.She called me her muse. Her reason for coming back to class. Also the same day that I realised that I have a muse. How could I have been so blind. A full moon… tides, werewolves and everything mystic.Barely getting to the bus station on time and seeing Bob work some early morning magic. He’ll make a believer of me. Lunch. Who knew 1 hour could be filled with so much life. Feel it pulsing all around me. Thank you.So happy to see a known face at the bus station. Not once, twice on the same day. How lucky am I? Lunch with a friend. Quinoa, addictions and smiles. Finally fixed the sending “HTTP” messages to ELK issue. This…The cathedral in Santo Domingo de la Calzada. The real chickens and the story around them. A message from H on how grateful he was for the break and the company. We really need to keep in touch a lot more often.The view of the Zaragoza cathedral from the bridge. At night or during the day. It’s always a pleasure. Listening to a band play while we were photographing it added so much to the day. Goofy photo-shoots after a serious one.Working from home on Fridays. 5 hours of work. 0 hours of travel. Oh the joy! Braved the fear of driving in a torrential downpour to a city I’ve never been to in a car with no wipers. Been there. Done that. Ready…H’s first visit to Spain. The first of many, I hope. Lunch with FG. Glad I can make him smile. Went down to the Taller to enjoy some Irish music. I can’t believe I didn’t get myself to that show…Seeing the expression of disbelief on the face of the person who was auditing us. Apparently we are one of the few organisations audited who have centralized monitoring. Really? iptables to the rescue. Block them all. Loved the class….Got my visa. There is no stopping me. Whoo hoo. A surprise lunch with the most wonderful person I know. I am so blessed. As humans we are both good and evil. Our light has dark corners our shadows…My lovely, pink, floral dress that I couldn’t fit into 2 weeks ago. Such a delight. Driving into a red roofed town, highlighted against a green canopied valley topped by peaks scudded with white rain-laden clouds. A rainbow in the valley….Prayed for a little miracle when it came to getting a discount on a fine being paid late. Miracle granted 😀 A co-passenger changed his seat thrice to come sit beside me. Banal talk followed by compliments, followed by crazy anecdotes.Woke up late to the smell of coffee… hmm… one of those days! The usage of the word nadir in conversation. I could have leapt with joy. Another sequence addict successfully created. This one promises to be a worthy…Shot E, T and D. OMG… so much to love. So, so, so much to love. Live music. Nothing beats it. Teased a friend to the point of my actions being referred to as persecution. I claim “Not Guilty”…A msg that read: Darling, you are a Goddess. And once you know what that truly means, I pray for anyone who tries to hurt you. Give a smile, get a smile. The normally irascible receptionist finally cracked a smile.Geoserver. Now we’re talking. Can’t wait to experiment more. A concerned colleague who couldn’t believe that I take my break so late. Felt strange. Strangely good. A video call that helped me realise how lucky I am. I have someone willing to listen….Redo it all… thanks to an error. Nice to start clean. I did have a clean up in my plan, but this way was easier. A well done after a 2 week break. Olé! Falling asleep to the sound of rain. One of…Worked from home today. I have no idea why any company will be against their employee’s benefit. Logic triumphed. Feels nice especially since I got to the right answer before anyone else. Surprised a friend.. and myself.Mustard boots with my orphan skirt… worked though. Love the boots. A chat that was supposed to be a few minutes long, but turned out to be several hours long. Love those moments when time seems to fly. Plans for…Feeling like a million bucks and then chose a car to suit. Top down, 5 years time on the radio. Some drives are to remember. Learned a few more chords. Need to practise much more. A spontaneous photoshoot. A…Tried out various drinks a the La Tita Lab. Test tubes, beakers, stirrers. Loved the experience. Orange boots and of course mustard ones too. Happy me. Spent the day in the great company. Lots of laughs. Lots of deep…A server that has transmitted 1.4T of data and is still going strong. We should learn to brag. That too on the day that PRC has been found secreting chips on tech sold to other countries. The Woman who hides kaleidoscopes in her shadows.Instead of taking a lunch break, I took time to finish my visa application. Hate having to waste so many resources, time and money. We need a world with no borders. Fixed an outstanding issue by just paying attention to what was spoken….Art – Paintings, Stone, Voices, Views…. Just a stone’s throw away from the house. What wonders… what joy… what beauty! Had lunch at a little local restaurant. The real deal. Spanish food, village rates… So glad we got to try it out.Visited Madrid as a tourist once more. There is so much to see in this town. Met the lady who translated some documents for me. We got on like wildfire. O’Neils O’Brians … different name… same goodness.My first experience getting a car towed. The process works so well here 🙂 Visited Segovia. Almost forgot how amazing the place is. The cathedral is more beautiful than ever. Took fewer images, worked more on composition and light….Being the girl watching the men cook. Ah the joys of life. Neighbours who came over for lunch and laughs. Always such a pleasure. 2 sisters who took their vows of poverty. Such joy. Such life. Love African celebrations….Wow. I love hearing them, seeing them and best of all watching shadows of them as they fly real high! Playing hosts to a friend. He loves whiskey. Clearly. Getting more papers together. If nothing more, my desire to travel…Found the first great hire of my company. A person who isn’t a “Yes, sir” kinda human. A person who can be objective and doesn’t mind standing up to management. Olé for her! — A little kid with braids that…Getting used to Text Mate, to screengrabs, to automator. There is always something fun to do. Fell to the earth with a thud. Humbling yet just what I needed. Surprised myself by trying to surprise a friend. Reciprocation is…