In a world which constantly tries to bring us down, media that reports only strife and conflict, it’s easy to lose sight of things that matter.
This is my attempt at remembering to count my blessings!
- Sunshine glinting off freshly rained on cars. Being offered a number. Listening to the sound of a Bodhrán.
- Self care. The Indian Service industry. Memories of a beautiful evening way back in the past. Light. In a room. In a decision. Mum’s recipe for dinner. A dinner made with the labour of love.Lunch with my bestie. Reading about miracles and receiving one. A snow-covered peak.Kids on a trampoline, jumping to a rhythm. Chubby little girls with ponytails and skates. Hugs and words of support from people at church on the return of a pest. Discussing ideas for a photoshoot. Classifying…Catching up on that elusive gift of sleep. Dinner-lady…. Vindaloo, Matar pulao, Cinnamon rolls and Guinness. Upgrade and migration done!A low-on-traffic Friday morning. A bleak day… and a chance to rant about it. Playing the cook.Ridding myself of destination happiness if only for a moment. Stopping to hear the fountain and the wind through the trees. Million dollars. Yeah… That’s what she said. Music…. Nothing lifts the soul like listening to it live. Peace…. as I lay in bed. Gorgeous new shoes.Young couples. A soulful, uplifting mass for a wonderful person. A forgotten joke.Mass with the wonderful OLM crowd. Worshipping is so uplifting! Knowing that it’ll not happen again. Teaching and playing rummy! A positive response to the photography theme – Buildings!The beautiful colours in the sky at sunrise and sunset. Being rewarded for our work. A bit more than anticipated. Having news. Having someone to share it with.A compliment on Indian clothes and that I have the body to show them off… lol. A little girl excited by the music. A cozy, talent filled, Music night. Perfect for autumn…. hey… that’s what he said!Driving around in my beautiful convertible. What I imagined it would be. Hygge. A lovely, warm hug.Standing up to bullies. Leave the trolls, but don’t let them think otherwise! Light in a room. Windows that open to a park. French. Boudoir… the gentleness with which i was rebuked!Greta Thunberg! That amazing, powerful child! SC decision on BJ. Delivered by a lady in black with a spider brooch. Understanding why it’s spelt Hindutwa. A missing T at the end. Being told that it was nice to see people who…Hermione’s new owners. Butch ballerinas. Rugby is full of surprises. Learning how to switch off Spanish commentary. This just made watching sport a whole lot better. Signs of Autumn.Love triumphs.A gorgeous combination of red and white. Views of the Sierra de Guadarrama. Convertible weather… even if it was for a bit.Stones. Houses made of them are gorgeous. Hail! Been so long since I witnessed it! Building something new.Stones. Hail! Been so long since I witnessed it! Building something new.Pink sunrise. Seeing differently. Celebrating the success of two dear kids. Andrea and Tonny completed their PG today. So proud of how much those kids have grown.A lovely sermon on life and the importance of living it. Love… the most important part of life. Lest we forget. A reminder… rather a wake up call.Chole after ages. A lady with a crutch and heels. Rain that didn’t wet us.Crack! They couldn’t figure it out since last Thursday. It took less than an hour today! Encouraging 2 talented kids to sing and perform. Loved their Diva-isms! Making a friend! A genuine person with such a wonderful heart!Ear-plugs. Watering tales. A little boy who stood and waved until he was a speck in the mirror!You raise me up. Woken up by it and hearing it sung by the choir. Brilliant! Dad enjoying Spicy wings and asking for the recipe! Coco… the movie. Finally watched it. Everything reminds me of Mum!Time with my soul-peeps. Music, laughter and fun! Biryani. Food of the Gods. Gifts. Watching them tear up on seeing their presents!The gorgeous town of San Sebastian. The beach and the view from the mount. Love it! Surprised by knowing that we were so close to Loyola. Such a pleasant visit. A dog, 2 cats, goats and a donkey. The casa…The gorgeous Basilica of Sagrada Familia. It’s always happy. Dad’s joy at being at the beach.A slow, relaxing day. Not bad for day 1 of vacations. Meeting friends at a lovely town in the sierra. Cava. After a long, long, long break!A tear-filled, genuine “You have been my mentor” from a colleague on his last day. Lucky at rummy. Candles. Love how faith lives on. Being interesting. Continuing to be interesting. Light at the end of the tunnel.My R classes. Still plodding on. effective as ever. Watching a partnership birthing over dinner and conversation.My car-angel liked my other car as well. Was so glad to chat with her. Memories of mum. Dad finally liking something I made. Even it was albondigas from a can with a touch of Sriracha.A very tall man with a very short dog. Dad enjoying the taller evening more than I expected. Songs dedicated to mum.Woken up by lightning! Clarity. Knowing that I wouldn’t spend another day with a person who chose a mobile/tele over me. Seeing dad’s work valued.A black cat on a blue jacket. Snazzy! A beautiful mass offered for me mum. Dad’s joy at talking about mum. Sharing the best part of the day with people who matter so much.Watching the joy of people meeting at the airport. Seeing my Dad at the arrivals gate!!! Ok… It wasn’t a smile… I was beaming! Being told that me and my car present a beautiful tableau. Pepper water and roast. Dad’s smile on hearing the menu.Playing hooky (a teeny weeny bit). Best choice ever. Tuk’d away. Popping cherries. Gorgeous flowers for mum. So glad D explained what it was for.A wet morning. Much welcomed. Cat burglar. Too many badges I guess. Plans with Dad. Can’t wait to see him here.Dressed up. Glad something fits despite the weight. Cat cushion. That’s all she thinks I am. Little claws. A chance to be bitchy. “Polishing my dancing shoes.”Added a few friends to Blessed. So delighted by their enthusiasm. Lovely weather. Just the right stay out weather! Working out.Realising the real meaning of being a child of God. Mum would have been proud. Whispered prayers rising like to the clouds on the wings of faith. An extended photoshoot that will go down in memory.A successful meeting with my new crew. Headwear. Made from real orchids. So eager to wear it. Watching a kid blossom under the guidance of a kind, generous human being.Unexpected appreciation. More hair compliments. More genuine compliments. Cat food. And of course, Guinness. You haven’t lost a mum, you’ve gained a God. A cousin’s love. Meat pickle and hugs.Pilgrims. “Ask and you shall receive” Life of the party. Music to live for. Fireworks at the monastery.‘THE’ house! Glooby Gloo. Can’t wait to make it. Dancing after so many years. Salsa music and a wonderful teacher.Conversation with my car angel. She complimented my car over and over again and told me that she watches out for it each day. So blessed. Fairy lights at music night. Magic was in the air. A beautiful voice. The night sky.Comments on a haircut. From unexpected sources. A gift of bling. Such a wonderful smile. Working out. Finally making a serious attempt to fit into most of my wardrobe once more.Riding around the mountains 😀 Compliments from the bar staff. And others too. Site coming together. Phew… that took some time. Am glad with the results though.Taking it easy. A slow morning with nothing to disturb me. Dressing up later that day and feeling gorgeous. The lovely moon. Peeking through the clouds. Seeing so many MX5s. And folk who truly enjoy them!A taste of tomorrow. A group of elderly ladies strolling around, laughing. Hairdresser … no… artiste!Fresh eyes. That’s all it takes to resolve an issue. A chestnut grazing in an open field. Curry…. that’s what the little kid’s teddy is called.A Spanish singer that piqued my interest. So glad to get to know an artiste that cares about lyrics. Lunch and laughs. Promises and gifts. Eminently! This time the knees.Chalet talk. Already organising parties in my head. Music filled the air. Love that the show gets better each week. So delighted with some of the talented people I’ve made acquaintance … (and in some cases) friends with. Chicken tikka.Back to being productive @ work. Finished the whole day’s assignments in less than 2 hours. Back to working out. Glad I can still keep up after the long, long break. Back to playing the harp. Nothing special, but I loved Getting my website mojo back. Skye and Church are…Candles. Remembering the dead. Praying for the future. Pearls and a song. It made me cry uncontrollably, but it means Mum lives on with me. Pearls and a plan. One day. Shawty!Elvis is back. Ideal vacations. Plans, hopes, dreams. Nurturing young business people by listening to the advice of elders.Connected just when they believed I couldn’t do it. IPtables… I got the better of you after all! Talking for hours… about nothing… about everything! A plan… Rejected then accepted.Work I enjoy, kindly received. I might be able to make this work. Oh how I pray! A lovely lunch with a dear, dear friend! Bursting with ideas. Endless possibilities! My angel’s birthday and a chance to give a different gift. Loving pixelart!Smiling at random strangers and seeing their varied reactions. My mentor. How could I ever learn the bodhrán without help. Finding a site that lived up to its hype. So in love!A group of nuns laughing on their way to the metro. Great turnout at open mic night. My name spelt: Luzil Driving under the stars.An old lady waiting to say hello. I know she watches out for my car each morning. Makes me feel safer 🙂 Ideating on images for the scavenger hunt. I sure hope to get them all out this time. A lady helping an elderly man on the bus.Music at OLM isn’t the same during August… but we can always count on the drums. Doughnut sellers for the day… whoo hoo! A drink shared… a drink remembered.Hard life… a glass of wine… a breezy afternoon and a movie. Memories of Nan & Mum that came flooding back when I used my sewing machine. The cats! Manu’s Janis for the win!Monetesque clouds. Tagged. Yesterday.… The Beatles movie that had me humming along.Waking up feeling rejuvenated. Working out after almost a year. The sound of the harp.Gifts put to use. So glad when I see people valuing what I’ve gave them. Effort made. Wow… pleasantly surprised. EU’s statement. Timed to coincide with the newly-elected C’s statement of “I’ll negotiate a new deal”… the EU stated “All deals have been negotiated. They just need to…Roadie… better than the other title I gave myself. Rain. Hours of it to give us some respite from the heat. Bonus… I didn’t have to water the garden. Rainbow. One of the largest I’ve ever seen.Ideas shared with people I’ll be working with a whole lot more in the future. Flowers blooming in the garden. Despite the heat. A semblance of peace. After several days of unrest… what can I say, you’re welcome!…Ideas shared with people I’ll be working with a whole lot more in the future. Flowers blooming in the garden. Despite the heat. A semblance of peace. After several days of unrest… what can I say, you’re welcome!A photoshoot with a very cooperative model. Lunch with a lovely view. Didn’t stick to the recipe, but the results weren’t that bad.A journey by train. Always so much fun. My first cryptic crossword. Glad I got a couple. A dog called Lola. Gentle and patient.Found my keys. Phew… I was running scared! Surprise. Love giving them. Driving towards the low hung, blood moon.The lady of the house I park in front of stepping out to say hello! It was so good to start the day with a smile from a cheery old gal! Lunch to remember. A quite evening by myself….Music to soothe the soul. Sharing jokes and laughter with the usual suspects. A new route.Beast of goodness. The day everything will make sense. A priest, a pastor and a rabbi… Riding shotgun. The moon playing coy.A balmy summer morning. Driving to church and receiving a rosary. A photo session in the lavender bushes. Another with the velvet lens. I love images! The joy of watching Maeve restored to her glory. What a little water…Dressed as a Greek Goddess and coincidently had lunch at a Greek restaurant. Time with L’s angels. Been a long time since we caught up. Am-Dram and reactions to it. Low-blow from a lady I know and love. So pleased that it didn’t ruffle feathers….The driver of a military van waving as we overtook their vehicle. Tennis after ages. So glad Fed made it. Productive first time. Looks like I picked the right partners. Velvet lens, tests and appreciation for others’ intelligence.Finding something pretty to wear despite the weight I’ve put on. Percussion. Didn’t know a tambourine could add so much to a song. Driving at midnight with the top down.Going casual. My Athens shorts and tee. Didn’t realise how lovely it was. Making lists. Glad to check a few things off. Playful kittens. Love them at this age.A pun that had me laughing for hours. A cuddly kitten that made puppy eyes when I had to leave. Playing the harp & bodhrán.Sharing notes. Like little children. 3 little kittens on the roof. Anticipating it. Feeling the first splashes. Revelling in it. The term I should be using is lifestyle photography, not fine art portraits. Almost there.Dazzling yellow. Combined with red. Love dressing up. Despite the heat and the nausea… an act of kindness. The importance of sharing. A photoshoot that took 5 minutes from start to final product.New toys: Orange & blue. Covet the orange. So much. Refueling. A drink instead and then a b’day celebration. Butaneros. For wearing clothes that matched the car. I just took it as a compliment.A lively lunch. Laughing like I haven’t all week. Pakistan having to bowl Bangladesh out in 3 runs.You’re a machine! Multitasking faster than ever. Top down, empty road. Finding one of my tribe. A girl who makes headgear for the fantasy images that I like shooting.An open conversation. I’m not the only one facing these battles. A spur of the moment idea. A great one, might I add. Guinness and good company. Steamed potatoes.India through to the next round. And on their own merit. A little kitten. Lost for a bit and found again.Filling a 3.6TB disk using the Yes command. Hee hee… A cool, summer evening drive. Great music and great views. Sun striking the white lilies I have for mum… making me hum her favourite “you are my sunshine” all evening.Finding great spots to shoot. Taking some amazing images. Chanced upon a house. A dream. Receiving a gift from my MIL that is an exact copy of a gift she gave me several years ago.A party with ex-colleagues I haven’t met in ages. Such a wonderful time.Played two truths, one lie. Amazed at how creative people got. Thanked for running the group. Wearing my orange flower wreath and loving every moment of it. I was so excited…She’ll be called Red Sonja. She’s orange. And gorgeous. We wore orange to go pick up an orange car. They were taken aback. A pint of sin. No sin in that.Dad opening up to missing mum. Seeing my favourite person in the world. Lunch with an ex-colleague.Early morning light filtering through the leaves of the trees in the municipal park. Comic book patterned tights.A colleague who reminded me of my younger self. Energy, interest and a bright smile. Royal Enfield and other Indian things. Loved getting a chance to be sarcastic and appreciated 😛 The most welcoming smile from the band.Trail seekers. Great sites for photographs. Just need a model now. Better looking. That’s how the compliment went. Promises of an Indian summer. Tan and weight.Dressed for the races. A dusty pink dress and a hat to match. A workaround. Everybody happy. Never buy a product from OWC. Being told that I’m just like my mum 🤗 Every action is love. Couldn’t ever be complimented similarly.A slow, relaxing day. A nail-biting finish. This is cricket. A spontaneous concert. A couple of guys, two guitars and an enthusiastic audience. Joy-bringers of my life. I’m so blessed to have them.Finding the perfect parking spot on Friday (when the regular parking is closed). That prayer never fails. Going with the flow. Forgetting about planned plans and just enjoying the day. A glimpse of what summer could bring. Supreme…A business proposal accepted. Skye productions has it’s third member. Riding shotgun. The song and the company. Green peppercorns salsa. Yumm….Several spontaneous compliments on my dressing. Guess a denim dress with red flats isn’t part of everyone’s wardrobe. An old man smiling absently while sitting on a bench and reminiscing. Maeve responding to every little manoeuvre.Getting it right. (The not so good bit was having to spend half the morning explaining it to others.) TLS as client can be such a bitch. Sun kissed drive. Packing away the boots. I have way too many shoes….Confirmation Sunday. Skye productions! India wins. Great transmission.Meeting old friends. Clearing up the air. Ara and Pato. Invitation to Barcelona!Finding out the meaning of my pet-name. Always knew it had to mean something. Lazy afternoons. Lunch, match and a long walk. An invitation to a glass of wine and a surprisingly interesting conversation. Written in the cards. Yeahhhh rummy winner! The triumph of hope over…Kids chanting “li-ber-tad” at the start of their summer vacations! Knocking on heaven’s door… And the acapella numbers. Dressed up while dressing down.The feast of Pentecost and Marcel’s inspired percussion skills. Smiles from the little kids in church. Gifts. And the gift of Friends. Snapshots of the future. Snapshots of the past. Snapshots of the present.Talking about shooting right after a women’s prison came up in conversation. Those expressions… hee hee. Chicken tikka masala. Just the right amount of flavour. Monty Python and the Holy Grail.Velvet. A pleasant day. What dreams are made on. Parties, Guest list, Dress code.Catching up with all those who wished me well. Some genuine, beautiful messages there. My niece and nephew singing and blowing kisses. Andu’s explanation of why we did what we did. We didn’t do much. We left groups that didn’t make us happy. And she used Eastern Bloc Voting…
3 Guru picks in 24hrs. Riposte… and in Spanish! That’s what my colleagues get for messing with me! Using a Velvet 85. Delivers what it promised.Orange and green. Love wearing it! Vengaboys and Spice Girls coming up on the playlist. Defining my style! I finally found a look worthy of my name.Hearing the banjo kicking in. This little light of mine. The song that made my heart soar. The song that made my heart break. I miss you, momma! Hearing an octave mandolin. That sweet, sweet sound. Smiling. Like an eejit.Geeking out on photography. Biryani. Food of the Gods. Curlers that gave volume instead of curl… I’ll take that any day. A $5 solution to cricket viewing issues. Love being a techie!Little kids in fancy dress. Their energy was contagious. The cashier who looked at my purchases and said “New shoes”? He also told me to get better soon. A gift that helps me cut my carbon footprint. And badges from the RSC … The energy, enthusiasm…Mojo. Walking tall. Coffee and croissants. I think it was the laughter that made it special though. Funky tattoos on a biker. Intricate instead of the mean, angry, rude ones we are used to.Long shadows of a lone stranger in the morning sun. Mist veiling the mountain tops. Sun shimmering through stalks of wild grass. Got my photographer’s eyes on again. Everything is a frame. Everything is beautiful!Rosebuds in the morning sun. Old music. Hit an album called Nostalgia… put a smile on my face. New music. My photos always remind someone of songs. Today’s was new and refreshing.More Indian food on the menu this week. The flavours still surprise me. Even the guys noticed my new hairstyle. Didn’t know I went in for such a drastic change. Playing a tune on my harp. It’s been a long, long…First long drive in Maeve. First parking fine on a Sunday. Compliments from people I don’t even know. Is it really such a change? A happy, hungry dog.A photo of mum and me. I still remember how she held me and later told me not to go. I should have listened. Finally deciding on a Lensbaby lens. Can’t believe I’m going to own one soon. Coriander chicken. Yummm yumm…A baby with a moustache pacifier. Art. That’s what my hairdresser creates. Aloo Gobi. Food of the Gods. Loved that it was on the menu the day I had a conversation with a colleague about how good Indian, vegetarian food is.Solver of problems. Loved the fact that my networking skills still intact. Playing the model. Especially since it’s what I’ve always thought of as step one to cleaning up my wardrobe. Geeking out with a new camera. Technology has progressed so much in the last few years!…Lunch with a retired ex-colleague. His joy is so genuine. Shared some interesting conversations with him. A little girl crossing the road who gave me the most radiant smile I’ve seen in ages. That vrooom… yeah… just that!Finding my style. Photographically speaking. So glad I experiment. Prodigal Puss. Oedipus came home. So delighted that she’s unharmed. Introducing Maeve to my friends. “A firm shove from a copper/bouncer.” I’ll live with that.Embroidered stockings. Some of the coolest I’ve laid my eyes on. Love when people dress well. Stepping up. Work wise. Idea wise. Open-top Maeve. Oh what a joy!Coffee servers. Daunting task. Next time I’ll do the pastries instead. “She wears pretty dresses.” — Julie describing me to her mum in response to her mum’s delight at my polka dotted coat! Eejit smiles. Awww… heaven! Shooting my neighbours’ garden. Giving Hermione away for a paint…Siesta. Finding Focus. Getting the blog going. Getting images prepped. Working towards it. Redoing so much stuff and making it look beautiful.Picked up a pen and paper and the ideas kept flowing. Loved it. Sharing my ideas with a kindred soul. Synergise. Energise. Enthuse.A little girl dressed in a chulapa waiting to cross the road. Her beautiful little smile when she noticed me watching her was the best way to start the day. Only 2 others showed up. But quality over quantity I’ll say. So glad…A spontaneous shoot with a colleague. The flowers outside the office did inspire. Checking things off my list. Hate all the paperwork related to visas and permits, but stuff needs to be done. Where do you weigh a pie? Somewhere over the rainbow.The power of conversations. Discussions without masks. Action. No more procrastination. A gift and a cheeky joke. Bugs, but I thought it was a replica of my other model. Driving Maeve! A velocity red, limited edition Mazda. Can’t wait for our adventures to start.Painterly Flower Photos. Love that I already know most of the techniques. Can’t believe I never tried to use it together. Advice that was taken & delighted in. Lumix G7… yeah baby! Driving Hermione home and seeing Maeve basking in the sun!A colleague who wore a gorgeous floral dress and enjoyed being complimented. She mentioned loving the dress I wore a couple of days ago. Love when my light makes another shine. Falling in love… again. Flower an macro photography. Love it. Taking images that I’ve yearned to…Discovering Kathleen Clemons and her lovely art. Where do you weigh clouds… laughed so hard at this one. Clouds tinged with pink. I had to stop and take a photo.Clouds. In all their forms. Fine art portraits. And just like that, I’m blown away. An anthem sung, a goal scored, a fight started. No place for fascists.Rainbow boots. Didn’t realise how much they shown. All they needed was a bit of sun. Kenyan gift. A gorgeous wrap in the softest of materials. Chef for the day. Chicken Tikka you say, eh? Cuddly Cat.Upskilling to help out a friend and loving every moment of it! Dockers on the résumé now! Fast car listening to Tracy Chapman! Good food! Hungarian chicken gravy with pasta.Photo Paddy One. Love an eager student. In search of the perfect tikka masala. Tonal contrast. Finally understanding how it’s achieved.Happy Harpy. Forget the technique, play the music. Such sage advice. Wore a purple salwaar that still fits. Always such a wonderful feeling. The tension in the room was so thick, it could be cut with a blunt knife. Then he went on and changed the mood of…An impromptu photoshoot. Unicorns in a field. Gorgeous as I imagined they would be. Winner. Snap, Rummy, Car races. A photo that depicted happiness. And brought happiness.Found a hidden gem in my wardrobe. Was so glad to flaunt it. Training with Sue and Lara. Experimental Portraits. The ideas keep flowing. Full house. Great music. Much laughter.A walk around town. Discovering new locations to shoot in. Now for a model. The plumage of a rooster. What a gorgeous bird. Stories of a princess… and her magic. A photograph that told a million stories. Glad she liked it!…Tears of happiness. Birthdays should be celebrated. A cat carrying it’s kittens to a safe place. Loved watching her ferry them while the little kittens stayed stock still. One of them had a black pirate patch on a little white face. As gorgeous as they come. Car-soul-sister!…Being told it was good to see me smiling again. Count on L’s angels. A chance to express my gratitude for the wonderful services during the Holy Week. A basket of Easter goodies. A chocolate bunny. Chocolate eggs. A…OLM came alive with music, joy and with the most gorgeous bonnets ever worn to mass. New life. Hope. So glad to be catholic. Hanging with my friends. Smiling…. eyes included. An impromptu photoshoot in a field of poppies…….Father talked about families bereft of their loved ones. That didn’t make me smile…. in fact the tears didn’t stop, but at that moment I felt the love of my tribe – OLM. People from so many different countries and backgrounds… but MY People. MY Tribe!After hours of agonising over it, I chose a copper sulphate blue chudidaar. Perfect choice. Flowers for mum. She always gave the flowers she received to church. This time she received them via church. Maundy Thursday is a day for…A gift, not given to me, but meant for me. Hee hee… A house in Madrid, away from the noise, with a garden and a pool. No, dreams are not impossible to achieve.An early morning surprise. Great company makes for shorter journeys. Top down, music on, getting tooted at while driving. I’ll take that as a compliment to Hermione. Listening to music I’d like to play on the harp. Coming home, trying it and feeling it possible.A message from mum’s friend after she read about Mum. The last line said that she pictured mum smiling. I felt it too. The dress, the coat, the shoes. All of them had flowers. Flowers to match the world around me. A sign that…Mass at OLM. A family of 4 with the Dad and 2 little boys dressed in waistcoats. Another little kid with braces. Love, so much love. That’s what being with my tribe does. Be in my bonnet? A spontaneous plan to wear hats for Easter.The details falling into place. A few hiccoughs and nothing more. A surprise that was a surprise we planned. Midnight Bodhrán classes. After alcohol and dancing and off-key singing…. not all that bad!Spring morning. Simpsons clouds in the sky. Fresh mountain air. Birds song accentuated by a stork spreading it’s wings in the soft morning light! Breakfast after a quiet morning ride into town. Feeling that I’m finally getting a hang of my instruments.Cold case, finally solved. Champagne called for. DB superhero. Human errors need a superhero’s solution. A little chat. That’s all it takes to make the day worthwhile.My gorgeous new Yellow coat. Shades required. Compliments from a reserved person. Body, mind, soul! Nourished.No one left behind. We’ve always had a matriarch. But in her absence no one gets left behind. Plans. So much to do. So little time. Past. Present. Future. Everything is now.Morning @ OLM. So much love. It’s so refreshing to go back to church and be in the presence of God and friends. A surprise lunch with Alex and Dani. Wei. It’s the company that makes everything worthwhile. Welcome back, L’s angel!Learning about MySettings on my Olympus. My camera just became my best friend… again! Retreat , insight, and so much love. Gorgeous Gifts from China. Instruments, tea and of course … a dragon! Formally introduced to a photographer and person I’ve admired…Snow and sun. The very earth was humming. Got my hair done. Love feeling this good. They really are a girl’s best friends… when diamonds aren’t around! A warm, cozy bed. Blessed.A huge slice of chocolate cake for postre. Being told I was dressed like David Bowie and once the hat was on, a reference to Peaky Blinders made the rounds. Talking stick. No rude interruptions. No dramatic pauses.Long morning shadows. So many opportunities for photos. Signs of life everywhere. Love walking around, talking to the trees in my garden. Music. It makes sense again.An ex-colleague got in touch and his evolution and the similarities between our lives and thinking made me realise…. Tribesman! Solving every issue even though some weren’t ours to solve. Happy kitty. Wish she’d stop showing her gratitude with her claws and teeth.Dressed formally and was shocked to see that I wore the same set of clothes exactly 9 years ago. When my sis visited India for the Holy Week. Spring has painted the town all shades of amazing. Fields carpeted in yellow blossoms… bird…Until we meet again. When it gets cloudy, the sky works a huge softbox. Loved taking my camera out to shoot in my garden. Top notch guac. So proud of me.Sleeping in. Fashion show. A private one too. I’m gettting better at dressing others. Conversing about so many beautiful things. And not so beautiful things.The shadow of my car as I drove out in the morning. It looked like a little toy. Finding an Irish pub in the mountain town. It’s been there forever and only came to my notice because I read who sponsored the local gastronomical…Reaching work early enough to get a chance to shoot some gorgeous trees. A little boy worried about my car having no roof. Blossoming Olmos. Didn’t know they were so beautiful.A hug. A perfectly tuned harp. “I love you, ma.” I know how difficult it is for my dad to talk about his feelings. So glad he’s willing to stammer out that line. Mum always said beta, he says ma.A promise I made. And one I’ll keep. Breakfast and lunch. I was so surprised to get to share it. Instead of plugging in, they decided to go acoustic. Some great music. Some wonderful conversations.Found photos that mum kept on her iPad. She had at least one of each family member and friend. Sharing them helped me get back to my tribe. Nixon’s genuine grief. My faith in humanity was restored. So glad that mum hasn’t been forgotten. So glad that she…Musically inspired shoot! Some of my best macros were inspired by guitar strings. Being understood, accepted and permitted to be. Earth angel. One of my favourite songs that still rings as true as ever.Playing stylist and doing it well. Being cool. A car like Hermione doesn’t deserve any less. Being. Just being.Back to routing… Networking after years of server management! So glad I still have it right. Irish music. The energy. The jigs. The reels. Loved it. Double compliments. Clearly my dressing made an impression 🙂A full moon hanging low as I drove in with the top down and music filling the air! There is hope!Calling Dad to wish him again after my sister hijacked my first call. The gift of giving. Plastic Jesus. A version that made me want to dance.Amnesia… St Pat’s day after effects. Laughed so hard when I had to recount the entire evening. A perfect script. Work can be fun. Harp lessons. So much to unlearn. So much I’ve learnt well.Meal. Mead. Music. An invitation for St Pat’s day that turned out to be absolutely fun! A chance to be there to help and support a friend. A promise. Enough said.Shooting in the garden after a long time. Learnt something new about my camera. Tried some new shots too. Art is therapy. Picked out flowers for mum. Climbed the garden wall to get a branch of white blossoms. She would have loved the garden…Found a little shop that sold the most quaint knick knacks. The flowers were gorgeous. Got a spring bunch. Got roses and carnations for mum. Driving with the top down. The sun on my face. The mountains in ahead of me.Du calling me a gem for doing what my mum would have encouraged me to do. Getting tested. Hating it. Glad I don’t have to go back in a hurry. Being asked to take a back seat. Taking it. Be…Light in the hair of a redhead. Sunset painted the sky so many lovely shades. Apricot blooms… white against the golden sunset.Lunch was the question. Yes, the answer. The yellow-orange in my hair made her think of a ‘Gallo’… but I’m sure she meant it as a compliment. Making plans. Concerts. Trips. The future.Finding my mojo after months. Camera in hand, tree as a background. Convertible weather. Top down. New shades to debut. So glad mum picked them for me. Great company. Not something found easily.Convertible weather… so top down, off we go! A visit to a church that wasn’t built for the glory of God. A wrong turn took us to a part that I’ve never seen. The views – glorious. The symmetry – divine. The size…Another strong woman passed over. Her kids are such wonderful human beings. She did well. Being there for a friend like he was there for me. I hope I made a difference. Black velvet. Some promises should be broken especially…Black truffle flavoured potato chips. Slowing down & taking care of myself. A series that managed to get my attention. Especially the start.The song J sang for the Ash Wednesday mass. Moving. A smile from the priest on seeing me at church. Not going to service alone. Such pleasure.Several different, difficult changes. So glad it worked perfectly. Stopping at a different pet shop in town and being amazed by it’s size and variety. I might get me a birdhouse. The aroma of Anglo-Indian Roast. hmmm….Returned to Church after several weeks. Felt good to get rid of the anger and see the compassion of God instead. A gauntlet was thrown over migas. Challenge accepted. Spring has sprung. Loved parking little Dhano right under a…Finding out their favourites without them uttering a word. A group video call with the sweetest cousins one could hope to have. Taking in the sunshine and a pint. Gossamer goddess…. I like the name.A pep talk from my hairdresser on how to get on with my life. Her joy at seeing my hair coloured and her promise to wear the same colour. Hair of Gold! I’ll remember that. Kids singing picnic songs…Taught again. After a long, long time. Felt good. Surprised a cousin by calling her. Felt good to talk with someone genuinely interested in me. An apology from my sis on how they used to treat me when I…Genuine happiness shown at my progress. My doctor, a friend and my cousins. Chocolate cake… A huge portion of it eaten in a way that expressed such innocence. Elevator speeches 🙂Cousins who called just like that to make sure I’m ok. Many chances to whoo hoo. Joie de vivre it was referred to. Instead of a regular concert, they switched to acoustic and sang the night away. The bar filled up, but I’ll always remember that the concert…Flowers peeking through the gaps between stones. New words – Petrichor, bellicose. Interesting. Kindness… a colleague who asked how I am doing and gave me a motherly kiss on my cheek.A scarf my neighbour gifted me on her birthday. The painting that filled the house. Big eyed, little girl.Lying in and taking advantage of a lazy Saturday morning. After a hectic week, it’s just what the doc prescribed. The gardeners were here to work, but decided to give us a treat by brining along some amazing homemade kebabs! Morocco For The…Breakfast for lunch. Satisfying, including the Ski jumping on tele… fabulous until the stag party arrived. Layers, buzz cut, parting. Glad I know how those translate to a hairstyle. Bohemian Rhapsody. Now that was worth it!Listening to music and humming along. It’s been such a long time since I’ve enjoyed it. Don’t water dead plants they say… but I did, and now my orchid is blooming again. Love it! Parked like a champ. Especially considering…
- So many thoughtful gifts.
- Cousins celebrating on my behalf. They even got me a cake.
- So proud of my Blackhole … That’s what I call the routing table that dumps traffic of people abusing the network.