In a world which constantly tries to bring us down, media that reports only strife and conflict, it’s easy to lose sight of things that matter.
This is my attempt at remembering to count my blessings!
- Around the world people dressed up for mum. Loved the messages and the photos. Pearls and gold boots. Of course she deserved it. Been given a raise. Enough? Perchance no.
- To see that mum was loved and respected so much. Talking to so many acquaintances. Reliving memories of momma. An inspirational talk by Sheba. A gesture of love and courage by Aunt Jenny.
- Preparing for tomorrow. Been a long time since I tried a look out before the actual event. Being told that my images tell a story … twice in one week. Self-care. Been a long time since I indulged in it.A champion’s game. Federer coming in from behind to show the world how it’s done. On-stage kisses that made me laugh. Market meets. So much to see. The irresistible Black magic of Guinness.Feeling good after sleeping well and waking up and dressing great. Lunch with an ex-colleague. Always feels so good. A colleague who finished his degree. Did a little jig for him!The worst coffee. The best coffee. 2 colleagues totally delighted by the smallest gesture of love. Sleeping deep and long.Waking up slow. Mentorship. A new one … that too by RGW! whoo hoo. Talking stick. Revealing so much. Realising how badly I want to do something for my family. Curried up. A course on posing curvy gals… so many great points!First time meditating…. wasn’t as difficult as I thought. Conversing with a new colleague. So much to learn and appreciate. Finishing every task I had set for myself.Blue Skies, white mountains in the distance. Meeting my soul peeps. Giving and receiving… more than just gifts. Prepping for a different day. For now it’s just the day that comes next.Grocery shopping made fun. Reshuffling furniture to make the most of it. Using my wardrobe differently and getting noticed.Helping out a friend by picking him up from a place he had no transportation from. Back to have an IPA. Greeted with genuine affection.Smiling for no reason as I was following my own advice. Moved by music. Being a good friend and having so much gratitude shown.Stumbling across a letter mum sent me ages ago. A gift that makes me see differently. Omni creative filter set. A surpriser surprised! I wasn’t expected so early.Keeping my word to myself. Finished my course. Finished it well. A shout-out and a hug x2 Sofa successfully salvaged. Actually incredibly gorgeous! Mulling it over. A New Zealand purchase that was put to good use. A comfortable sofa, a fire and mulled wine! It’s a hard life!…Remembering all my passwords! So important in my line of work! A genuine, good to see you hug! Bacon and eggs!Gifter and giftee. Time is the most valuable gift one can give. Driving after ages. The moon hung low, following me home!Shopping for last minute gifts. So glad I got it all. Cousin and Aunt who cooked for me. Trying to make up for me not having mum to cook for me. Feeling loved!Giving Dad the option to go join his friends. He was glad to go. A coming to stay with me. I’m ever grateful to her. Cooking with my little sharkie. Glad I got to make some tasty albeit spicy pepperwater….Enjoying a few days of relaxing on holiday before I head to work again. Dinner with S and V. I shouldn’t shun company. Mum. Memories of her.Wearing my green summer dress in winter. Giving and receiving more gifts. Being with my family. Laughing, loving and living it up.A picture perfect, perfect image! Giving a toast. Giving it my all. Compliments from most. Dancing with L after all the hard work paid off.Parked like a pro. Got complimented too. Giving in to the impulse to some tapori dancing. The lovely lighting that made me want to photograph everything!
- 2019Trying to get the table at breakfast to look as amazing as it always did. That gaping hole will always be there. Dad’s smile on seeing Alexa. Being with my family. Laughing. Dancing. Feeling loved.Fruition of our hard work. A recipe that wasn’t a complete disaster. A comfort in tough times. A different sermon. Bring Jesus home!A call that soothed a relationship. Such a relief. A visit from mum’s friend and her two kids. Can’t believe all she’s been through. I hope things get better for her. A cousin’s help. Invaluable.A Christmas do that was decorated to a T. Managing to pull off a dress that didn’t belong to me. Getting some great photos too. Spending so much time with my darlings.My favourite breakfast – Dahi Vada. A gift which turned out to be the same as another given to the b’day girl. She graciously liked it too. Watching a selfless mum and being reminded of my own.UCC done. Dad will have time for me.. yeahhh! Red heels. Hairy compliments.First trip in the Hyd Metro. Funny smell, but not bad. Loved the view from above. Spending time with a gorgeous lady who made me laugh so much. Reindeer hats for the family.Finding mum’s treasures. A story of a lifetime in little trinkets. A helpful cousin. Such a pleasure sharing ideas and memories with him. Realisation. How I won’t be living my life.Board games… and the ability to laugh at myself when I couldn’t do well. Fond memories of mum…. She loved being surrounded by youngsters. Christmas cheer…. A little Christmas tree and J with the reindeer in her hair. The feeling of being loved. In a video. In action (car)….Talking about mum. Spontaneously. Being asked, not too subtly, to advise 2 girls. Remote compliments.The garden so healthy! Little things at home bringing back so many memories. High Tea! What a fascinator makes one do.Dad’s effort at making everything seem normal. So grateful for his efforts. Cousins picking me up and cooking dinner too. So blessed. Midnight visitors. Another cousin who came to visit with her two little kids. Lips are devil…Remembering at the last min. Through check-in.First day of vacation! Woke up late… not a single bother! Ashpert! Ash keeps the algae away! Listening to “May you never” once again. That beautiful voice!A video of sunshine and another of a cat…. bliss! A text that made me smile. A feather stole that was as gorgeous as I hoped it would be. A genuine wish from a neighbour.A singing deer. Yeah.. he always sings for me! Giving tree gifts delivered. And without any hassle. Phew. Getting over the fear of catching up with ex-schoolmates by meeting with an old school friend and her family.Gratitude shown for photos taken.Christian’s gorgeous voice.Fantastic friends.Welcoming Christmas.Moved to tears.The Oak that whumped all it’s leaves to ground right after the garden was cleaned. Getting rid of so much stuff while packing for my trip. Hearing of a bargain got because of charm. Still laughing out loud!Being grateful for driving for hours not being part of my routine. A house that is transforming into a home. Being brave enough to speak my mind about my hair transformation. Thankful for living away from…My sister remembering random things I mentioned I like. Like Thai food. Presents for the family. Being able to resist temptation.Finding out the root cause and better still… we ain’t responsible. Phones on the table in vibrate mode that led to a healthy discussion. Getting to use the BUS VAO … and laughing at people stuck in traffic.My joy at seeing a joyous being finally happy. Overcoming my fear and taking the test. 100% of course. Submitting photos to 2 clients and being absolutely clear that I don’t want to shoot events! The sun. A…A happy cat. Raised glasses. Gifts.A snowy peak that peeked through the clouds. Light on a grey, soupy day. A horse grazing in a green field…. the colours after all the rain remind me of Ireland.Snowy mountain peaks. A much more harmonious team. A fire, a blanket and a glass of whiskey to keep the cold at bay.Realising the strides we’ve taken since I started here. Smiling after a long, tiring day on hearing the songs of two sweet little girls. Gifts – Music, Laugher, Kindness Debt payed.The power of data. A message of gratitude. Falconers.Rainbow of rainbows. Coat of one colour. Light streaming through a glass window.Draped in red. Making an old lady feel special on her birthday. An Irish music & food festival.Mandolins. Interior design. Klaus…A message commending our faith. A new space in office. Response in a group.Klimt Kisses my Feet A werewolf moon Too much perfectionMuse. Been long since I played the role. A charming, Irish lilt. A fantastic young band.…Having sane people in my circle. A wood. Dhano… she’s such a swell car!Finally finished a book. Been ages since I read anything. From 30 books a year to just a couple.. I need to get back in the groove. Took a Data Science Exam and performed as well as I wanted to.A long lie-in. Catching up on my studies and feeling confident about all I learned. A quiet, tasty dinner.Finishing work early. Being admired when I couldn’t see anything positive in myself. Peace in a garden that’s filled with promise.20 little kids playing violins. Their music was magic. Innocent and pure. And a tribute a friend’s dad. My gorgeous little niece and nephew. Pork Chop vs Chicken Tikka.Morning pinks that made the sky come to life. Work blues that kept me ticking. Evening White … a photo of a uniform that I was able to guess (almost) correctly. Night Reds …. Ramon Blibao and…Realising how talented people are when looking for poems. A call from an unknown number that turned out to be a friend getting in touch. Pink sky.Being thanked for photos I took 6 years ago. Being told that it’s the photo of their child that is hung as soon as one A migration that worked when it shouldn’t have.Button-rose, pig-tailed, little girl who smiled during mass. Pink lunch. Heavy is head that watches the Crown.Mountains, Clouds, Sun, Rain, and a Rainbow on the way to Milagros. Handmade bouquets for the ones gone ahead. Anne with an E.Slow morning. Flowers for All Saints (yes they are saints). Photoshoot. Rain. Beer. Gauntlets. Laughter.Fixed several issues that were pending at work. Loved checking them off while learning new stuff in Data Science. Choosing to be Frida. Loving the effort and the result. Friends… cultured enough to know Frida and her contribution.A Monetesque sunrise. Challenges. Work should be fun. Having it all.The sun … a silver coin peeking through murky clouds. Realising it was tiredness and not a loss of capacity. Ideas for a costume.Faith in the form of blessing. Hope in the plans discussed. Love. Everywhere.A crescent moon that smiled down on me. A yellow lamp against an indigo sky. A rose that bloomed. A heart that warmed. A place for Mother Mary.My enthusiasm about the mapping tool enthusiastically received. A dead battery and a neighbour who came out to rescue me. Kindness abounds. High of an actor. The cleansing of the sierra.Discovering a new, brilliant tool. So much drama. So much promise. Speaking my mind.Being kind by not cutting someone off in the early morning rush. Same person reversed to give me an easier parking spot. Reaching out to old friends. Barriers are only in our mind. The joy of cleaning something and cleaning…2 HMs in the scavenger hunt. A screenplay that gave wings to my imagination. Battery Saviour. So grateful for Alex.Finding out that Hooker is a position in Rugby. Telling oranges from apples. Sparking Rosé… quite a change.Deciding to play around with the serviettes. Christmas trees for the Christmas party. Questioning their firm beliefs. Politics is not so easy. Finding and fixing a problem with my car before it caused an accident. Working on the new race car.Got a new look. And had my story told. Love it. Didn’t know getting my hair cut will raise my flailing energy levels. Photoshoot… loved the results.Sunshine glinting off freshly rained on cars. Being offered a number. Listening to the sound of a Bodhrán.Self care. The Indian Service industry. Memories of a beautiful evening way back in the past. Light. In a room. In a decision. Mum’s recipe for dinner. A dinner made with the labour of love.Lunch with my bestie. Reading about miracles and receiving one. A snow-covered peak.Kids on a trampoline, jumping to a rhythm. Chubby little girls with ponytails and skates. Hugs and words of support from people at church on the return of a pest. Discussing ideas for a photoshoot. Classifying…Catching up on that elusive gift of sleep. Dinner-lady…. Vindaloo, Matar pulao, Cinnamon rolls and Guinness. Upgrade and migration done!A low-on-traffic Friday morning. A bleak day… and a chance to rant about it. Playing the cook.Ridding myself of destination happiness if only for a moment. Stopping to hear the fountain and the wind through the trees. Million dollars. Yeah… That’s what she said. Music…. Nothing lifts the soul like listening to it live. Peace…. as I lay in bed. Gorgeous new shoes.Young couples. A soulful, uplifting mass for a wonderful person. A forgotten joke.Mass with the wonderful OLM crowd. Worshipping is so uplifting! Knowing that it’ll not happen again. Teaching and playing rummy! A positive response to the photography theme – Buildings!The beautiful colours in the sky at sunrise and sunset. Being rewarded for our work. A bit more than anticipated. Having news. Having someone to share it with.A compliment on Indian clothes and that I have the body to show them off… lol. A little girl excited by the music. A cozy, talent filled, Music night. Perfect for autumn…. hey… that’s what he said!Driving around in my beautiful convertible. What I imagined it would be. Hygge. A lovely, warm hug.Standing up to bullies. Leave the trolls, but don’t let them think otherwise! Light in a room. Windows that open to a park. French. Boudoir… the gentleness with which i was rebuked!Greta Thunberg! That amazing, powerful child! SC decision on BJ. Delivered by a lady in black with a spider brooch. Understanding why it’s spelt Hindutwa. A missing T at the end. Being told that it was nice to see people who…Hermione’s new owners. Butch ballerinas. Rugby is full of surprises. Learning how to switch off Spanish commentary. This just made watching sport a whole lot better. Signs of Autumn.Love triumphs.A gorgeous combination of red and white. Views of the Sierra de Guadarrama. Convertible weather… even if it was for a bit.Stones. Houses made of them are gorgeous. Hail! Been so long since I witnessed it! Building something new.Stones. Hail! Been so long since I witnessed it! Building something new.Pink sunrise. Seeing differently. Celebrating the success of two dear kids. Andrea and Tonny completed their PG today. So proud of how much those kids have grown.A lovely sermon on life and the importance of living it. Love… the most important part of life. Lest we forget. A reminder… rather a wake up call.Chole after ages. A lady with a crutch and heels. Rain that didn’t wet us.Crack! They couldn’t figure it out since last Thursday. It took less than an hour today! Encouraging 2 talented kids to sing and perform. Loved their Diva-isms! Making a friend! A genuine person with such a wonderful heart!Ear-plugs. Watering tales. A little boy who stood and waved until he was a speck in the mirror!You raise me up. Woken up by it and hearing it sung by the choir. Brilliant! Dad enjoying Spicy wings and asking for the recipe! Coco… the movie. Finally watched it. Everything reminds me of Mum!Time with my soul-peeps. Music, laughter and fun! Biryani. Food of the Gods. Gifts. Watching them tear up on seeing their presents!The gorgeous town of San Sebastian. The beach and the view from the mount. Love it! Surprised by knowing that we were so close to Loyola. Such a pleasant visit. A dog, 2 cats, goats and a donkey. The casa…The gorgeous Basilica of Sagrada Familia. It’s always happy. Dad’s joy at being at the beach.A slow, relaxing day. Not bad for day 1 of vacations. Meeting friends at a lovely town in the sierra. Cava. After a long, long, long break!A tear-filled, genuine “You have been my mentor” from a colleague on his last day. Lucky at rummy. Candles. Love how faith lives on. Being interesting. Continuing to be interesting. Light at the end of the tunnel.My R classes. Still plodding on. effective as ever. Watching a partnership birthing over dinner and conversation.My car-angel liked my other car as well. Was so glad to chat with her. Memories of mum. Dad finally liking something I made. Even it was albondigas from a can with a touch of Sriracha.A very tall man with a very short dog. Dad enjoying the taller evening more than I expected. Songs dedicated to mum.Woken up by lightning! Clarity. Knowing that I wouldn’t spend another day with a person who chose a mobile/tele over me. Seeing dad’s work valued.A black cat on a blue jacket. Snazzy! A beautiful mass offered for me mum. Dad’s joy at talking about mum. Sharing the best part of the day with people who matter so much.Watching the joy of people meeting at the airport. Seeing my Dad at the arrivals gate!!! Ok… It wasn’t a smile… I was beaming! Being told that me and my car present a beautiful tableau. Pepper water and roast. Dad’s smile on hearing the menu.Playing hooky (a teeny weeny bit). Best choice ever. Tuk’d away. Popping cherries. Gorgeous flowers for mum. So glad D explained what it was for.A wet morning. Much welcomed. Cat burglar. Too many badges I guess. Plans with Dad. Can’t wait to see him here.Dressed up. Glad something fits despite the weight. Cat cushion. That’s all she thinks I am. Little claws. A chance to be bitchy. “Polishing my dancing shoes.”Added a few friends to Blessed. So delighted by their enthusiasm. Lovely weather. Just the right stay out weather! Working out.Realising the real meaning of being a child of God. Mum would have been proud. Whispered prayers rising like to the clouds on the wings of faith. An extended photoshoot that will go down in memory.A successful meeting with my new crew. Headwear. Made from real orchids. So eager to wear it. Watching a kid blossom under the guidance of a kind, generous human being.Unexpected appreciation. More hair compliments. More genuine compliments. Cat food. And of course, Guinness. You haven’t lost a mum, you’ve gained a God. A cousin’s love. Meat pickle and hugs.Pilgrims. “Ask and you shall receive” Life of the party. Music to live for. Fireworks at the monastery.‘THE’ house! Glooby Gloo. Can’t wait to make it. Dancing after so many years. Salsa music and a wonderful teacher.Conversation with my car angel. She complimented my car over and over again and told me that she watches out for it each day. So blessed. Fairy lights at music night. Magic was in the air. A beautiful voice. The night sky.Comments on a haircut. From unexpected sources. A gift of bling. Such a wonderful smile. Working out. Finally making a serious attempt to fit into most of my wardrobe once more.Riding around the mountains 😀 Compliments from the bar staff. And others too. Site coming together. Phew… that took some time. Am glad with the results though.Taking it easy. A slow morning with nothing to disturb me. Dressing up later that day and feeling gorgeous. The lovely moon. Peeking through the clouds. Seeing so many MX5s. And folk who truly enjoy them!A taste of tomorrow. A group of elderly ladies strolling around, laughing. Hairdresser … no… artiste!Fresh eyes. That’s all it takes to resolve an issue. A chestnut grazing in an open field. Curry…. that’s what the little kid’s teddy is called.A Spanish singer that piqued my interest. So glad to get to know an artiste that cares about lyrics. Lunch and laughs. Promises and gifts. Eminently! This time the knees.Chalet talk. Already organising parties in my head. Music filled the air. Love that the show gets better each week. So delighted with some of the talented people I’ve made acquaintance … (and in some cases) friends with. Chicken tikka.Back to being productive @ work. Finished the whole day’s assignments in less than 2 hours. Back to working out. Glad I can still keep up after the long, long break. Back to playing the harp. Nothing special, but I loved Getting my website mojo back. Skye and Church are…Candles. Remembering the dead. Praying for the future. Pearls and a song. It made me cry uncontrollably, but it means Mum lives on with me. Pearls and a plan. One day. Shawty!Elvis is back. Ideal vacations. Plans, hopes, dreams. Nurturing young business people by listening to the advice of elders.Connected just when they believed I couldn’t do it. IPtables… I got the better of you after all! Talking for hours… about nothing… about everything! A plan… Rejected then accepted.Work I enjoy, kindly received. I might be able to make this work. Oh how I pray! A lovely lunch with a dear, dear friend! Bursting with ideas. Endless possibilities! My angel’s birthday and a chance to give a different gift. Loving pixelart!Smiling at random strangers and seeing their varied reactions. My mentor. How could I ever learn the bodhrán without help. Finding a site that lived up to its hype. So in love!A group of nuns laughing on their way to the metro. Great turnout at open mic night. My name spelt: Luzil Driving under the stars.An old lady waiting to say hello. I know she watches out for my car each morning. Makes me feel safer 🙂 Ideating on images for the scavenger hunt. I sure hope to get them all out this time. A lady helping an elderly man on the bus.Music at OLM isn’t the same during August… but we can always count on the drums. Doughnut sellers for the day… whoo hoo! A drink shared… a drink remembered.Hard life… a glass of wine… a breezy afternoon and a movie. Memories of Nan & Mum that came flooding back when I used my sewing machine. The cats! Manu’s Janis for the win!Monetesque clouds. Tagged. Yesterday.… The Beatles movie that had me humming along.Waking up feeling rejuvenated. Working out after almost a year. The sound of the harp.Gifts put to use. So glad when I see people valuing what I’ve gave them. Effort made. Wow… pleasantly surprised. EU’s statement. Timed to coincide with the newly-elected C’s statement of “I’ll negotiate a new deal”… the EU stated “All deals have been negotiated. They just need to…Roadie… better than the other title I gave myself. Rain. Hours of it to give us some respite from the heat. Bonus… I didn’t have to water the garden. Rainbow. One of the largest I’ve ever seen.Ideas shared with people I’ll be working with a whole lot more in the future. Flowers blooming in the garden. Despite the heat. A semblance of peace. After several days of unrest… what can I say, you’re welcome!…Ideas shared with people I’ll be working with a whole lot more in the future. Flowers blooming in the garden. Despite the heat. A semblance of peace. After several days of unrest… what can I say, you’re welcome!A photoshoot with a very cooperative model. Lunch with a lovely view. Didn’t stick to the recipe, but the results weren’t that bad.A journey by train. Always so much fun. My first cryptic crossword. Glad I got a couple. A dog called Lola. Gentle and patient.Found my keys. Phew… I was running scared! Surprise. Love giving them. Driving towards the low hung, blood moon.The lady of the house I park in front of stepping out to say hello! It was so good to start the day with a smile from a cheery old gal! Lunch to remember. A quite evening by myself….Music to soothe the soul. Sharing jokes and laughter with the usual suspects. A new route.Beast of goodness. The day everything will make sense. A priest, a pastor and a rabbi… Riding shotgun. The moon playing coy.A balmy summer morning. Driving to church and receiving a rosary. A photo session in the lavender bushes. Another with the velvet lens. I love images! The joy of watching Maeve restored to her glory. What a little water…Dressed as a Greek Goddess and coincidently had lunch at a Greek restaurant. Time with L’s angels. Been a long time since we caught up. Am-Dram and reactions to it. Low-blow from a lady I know and love. So pleased that it didn’t ruffle feathers….The driver of a military van waving as we overtook their vehicle. Tennis after ages. So glad Fed made it. Productive first time. Looks like I picked the right partners. Velvet lens, tests and appreciation for others’ intelligence.Finding something pretty to wear despite the weight I’ve put on. Percussion. Didn’t know a tambourine could add so much to a song. Driving at midnight with the top down.Going casual. My Athens shorts and tee. Didn’t realise how lovely it was. Making lists. Glad to check a few things off. Playful kittens. Love them at this age.A pun that had me laughing for hours. A cuddly kitten that made puppy eyes when I had to leave. Playing the harp & bodhrán.Sharing notes. Like little children. 3 little kittens on the roof. Anticipating it. Feeling the first splashes. Revelling in it. The term I should be using is lifestyle photography, not fine art portraits. Almost there.Dazzling yellow. Combined with red. Love dressing up. Despite the heat and the nausea… an act of kindness. The importance of sharing. A photoshoot that took 5 minutes from start to final product.New toys: Orange & blue. Covet the orange. So much. Refueling. A drink instead and then a b’day celebration. Butaneros. For wearing clothes that matched the car. I just took it as a compliment.A lively lunch. Laughing like I haven’t all week. Pakistan having to bowl Bangladesh out in 3 runs.You’re a machine! Multitasking faster than ever. Top down, empty road. Finding one of my tribe. A girl who makes headgear for the fantasy images that I like shooting.An open conversation. I’m not the only one facing these battles. A spur of the moment idea. A great one, might I add. Guinness and good company. Steamed potatoes.India through to the next round. And on their own merit. A little kitten. Lost for a bit and found again.Filling a 3.6TB disk using the Yes command. Hee hee… A cool, summer evening drive. Great music and great views. Sun striking the white lilies I have for mum… making me hum her favourite “you are my sunshine” all evening.Finding great spots to shoot. Taking some amazing images. Chanced upon a house. A dream. Receiving a gift from my MIL that is an exact copy of a gift she gave me several years ago.A party with ex-colleagues I haven’t met in ages. Such a wonderful time.Played two truths, one lie. Amazed at how creative people got. Thanked for running the group. Wearing my orange flower wreath and loving every moment of it. I was so excited…She’ll be called Red Sonja. She’s orange. And gorgeous. We wore orange to go pick up an orange car. They were taken aback. A pint of sin. No sin in that.Dad opening up to missing mum. Seeing my favourite person in the world. Lunch with an ex-colleague.Early morning light filtering through the leaves of the trees in the municipal park. Comic book patterned tights.A colleague who reminded me of my younger self. Energy, interest and a bright smile. Royal Enfield and other Indian things. Loved getting a chance to be sarcastic and appreciated 😛 The most welcoming smile from the band.Trail seekers. Great sites for photographs. Just need a model now. Better looking. That’s how the compliment went. Promises of an Indian summer. Tan and weight.Dressed for the races. A dusty pink dress and a hat to match. A workaround. Everybody happy. Never buy a product from OWC. Being told that I’m just like my mum 🤗 Every action is love. Couldn’t ever be complimented similarly.A slow, relaxing day. A nail-biting finish. This is cricket. A spontaneous concert. A couple of guys, two guitars and an enthusiastic audience. Joy-bringers of my life. I’m so blessed to have them.Finding the perfect parking spot on Friday (when the regular parking is closed). That prayer never fails. Going with the flow. Forgetting about planned plans and just enjoying the day. A glimpse of what summer could bring. Supreme…A business proposal accepted. Skye productions has it’s third member. Riding shotgun. The song and the company. Green peppercorns salsa. Yumm….Several spontaneous compliments on my dressing. Guess a denim dress with red flats isn’t part of everyone’s wardrobe. An old man smiling absently while sitting on a bench and reminiscing. Maeve responding to every little manoeuvre.Getting it right. (The not so good bit was having to spend half the morning explaining it to others.) TLS as client can be such a bitch. Sun kissed drive. Packing away the boots. I have way too many shoes….Confirmation Sunday. Skye productions! India wins. Great transmission.Meeting old friends. Clearing up the air. Ara and Pato. Invitation to Barcelona!Finding out the meaning of my pet-name. Always knew it had to mean something. Lazy afternoons. Lunch, match and a long walk. An invitation to a glass of wine and a surprisingly interesting conversation. Written in the cards. Yeahhhh rummy winner! The triumph of hope over…Kids chanting “li-ber-tad” at the start of their summer vacations! Knocking on heaven’s door… And the acapella numbers. Dressed up while dressing down.The feast of Pentecost and Marcel’s inspired percussion skills. Smiles from the little kids in church. Gifts. And the gift of Friends. Snapshots of the future. Snapshots of the past. Snapshots of the present.Talking about shooting right after a women’s prison came up in conversation. Those expressions… hee hee. Chicken tikka masala. Just the right amount of flavour. Monty Python and the Holy Grail.Velvet. A pleasant day. What dreams are made on. Parties, Guest list, Dress code.Catching up with all those who wished me well. Some genuine, beautiful messages there. My niece and nephew singing and blowing kisses. Andu’s explanation of why we did what we did. We didn’t do much. We left groups that didn’t make us happy. And she used Eastern Bloc Voting…
3 Guru picks in 24hrs. Riposte… and in Spanish! That’s what my colleagues get for messing with me! Using a Velvet 85. Delivers what it promised.Orange and green. Love wearing it! Vengaboys and Spice Girls coming up on the playlist. Defining my style! I finally found a look worthy of my name.Hearing the banjo kicking in. This little light of mine. The song that made my heart soar. The song that made my heart break. I miss you, momma! Hearing an octave mandolin. That sweet, sweet sound. Smiling. Like an eejit.Geeking out on photography. Biryani. Food of the Gods. Curlers that gave volume instead of curl… I’ll take that any day. A $5 solution to cricket viewing issues. Love being a techie!Little kids in fancy dress. Their energy was contagious. The cashier who looked at my purchases and said “New shoes”? He also told me to get better soon. A gift that helps me cut my carbon footprint. And badges from the RSC … The energy, enthusiasm…Mojo. Walking tall. Coffee and croissants. I think it was the laughter that made it special though. Funky tattoos on a biker. Intricate instead of the mean, angry, rude ones we are used to.Long shadows of a lone stranger in the morning sun. Mist veiling the mountain tops. Sun shimmering through stalks of wild grass. Got my photographer’s eyes on again. Everything is a frame. Everything is beautiful!Rosebuds in the morning sun. Old music. Hit an album called Nostalgia… put a smile on my face. New music. My photos always remind someone of songs. Today’s was new and refreshing.More Indian food on the menu this week. The flavours still surprise me. Even the guys noticed my new hairstyle. Didn’t know I went in for such a drastic change. Playing a tune on my harp. It’s been a long, long…First long drive in Maeve. First parking fine on a Sunday. Compliments from people I don’t even know. Is it really such a change? A happy, hungry dog.A photo of mum and me. I still remember how she held me and later told me not to go. I should have listened. Finally deciding on a Lensbaby lens. Can’t believe I’m going to own one soon. Coriander chicken. Yummm yumm…A baby with a moustache pacifier. Art. That’s what my hairdresser creates. Aloo Gobi. Food of the Gods. Loved that it was on the menu the day I had a conversation with a colleague about how good Indian, vegetarian food is.
- So many thoughtful gifts.
- Cousins celebrating on my behalf. They even got me a cake.
- So proud of my Blackhole … That’s what I call the routing table that dumps traffic of people abusing the network.